In November 2010, I became a novelist, completing and winning the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) challenge. The goal was to write 50,000 words within 30 days. It was my third attempt and I finally won!! Woo-hoo!! 😀 I am now in the process of editing my novel for eventual submission to an agent and/or publisher.
I wrote my first book, Lost Island (unpublished) when I was 10 or 11 years old. Yes, it involved dinosaurs, and yes, I may have named one of my main characters after a boy I had a crush on. I wrote it for a Girl Scout badge and English assignment. My writing was pretty darn good, my illustrations were…well, let’s just put it this way…”cute”. I used tracing paper for the dinosaurs and drew the people and airplane freehand. They were “kid charming”. 🙂 (Stick figures with billowy clothing.)
Over the years, practically every job I’ve ever held had some sort of writing and editing in it. I’ve also written things just for fun or for myself, and some writing I did to earn extra cash here and there. Yup, I was the one you paid to type your papers in college (proofreading included).
The following is a list of the variety of writing and editing I’ve done over the years:
- baby announcements
- blogs (This is my third, I’m now on my fourth blog: see Messages From The Other Side. I’ve also helped others create/write their business blogs and sites pro bono.)
- business correspondence and flyers
- content/copy writing
- contracts (real estate and property management)
- directional maps
- interviews (historical, and informational)
- newsletters (Girl Scout Troop newsletter, school newsletter, real estate newsletter)
- non-fiction book (as yet, unpublished)
- novel (in process of editing)
- party invitations
- personal correspondence
- reports (business, and historical)
- resumes and cover letters
- short stories (children’s, horror, mystery, romance…)
- scripts (for two BlogTalkRadio shows, one now defunct: see current one and script for an historical tour for the Maine Audubon Society and Freeport, ME Historical Society)
UPDATE: As of 2015, I am no longer taking any editing, proofreading, transcription, typing, or writing work.
Please be sure to click on Writing under the Categories section in the right sidebar to read all posts on this topic. Thanks!
Copyright 2011-2019. All rights reserved.